5 Ways Managed Print Services Can Improve Your Business
There are certain goals all businesses have in common — namely, to reduce costs while increasing productivity and profits. If your business isn’t looking for ways to become more efficient, you are falling behind.
When areas for review and improvement are being identified, print equipment and services are often overlooked. But printing and document services are a large area of opportunity.
The cost of print services
On average, a business will spend 3-6% of its total annual revenue on document production (and sometimes as high as 10%). However, many businesses have only a rough idea — or no idea — what printing equipment they have, how it’s being used, and the costs needed to maintain it.
Why are businesses ignoring their printing costs?
- They don’t have time – With so much else to do and keep track of, many businesses don’t have any extra time to devote to monitoring and managing their printing.
- They assume it’s a nominal amount – A common misconception is that the costs related to printing are so small that you don’t need to keep track of them.
- They assume someone else is doing it – The office manager thinks the IT manger is monitoring it, the IT manager thinks the CFO or controller is on top of it, etc.
Managed print services is the solution
Adding a managed print services program to your business through a trusted partner solves all of the issues mentioned above. In addition, it adds other strong benefits that will help your business achieve its goals.
What is managed print services?
Managed print services (MPS) is the optimization and management of document output devices and the business processes that govern them.
5 benefits of managed print services
- Decreased costs – Reduce hard and soft costs related to document processing. This includes toner and paper, salary dollars spent on servicing and maintaining equipment, and potentially a reduction in overall device fleet.
- Increased efficiency and productivity – Over 20% of IT help desk calls are printer-related. An MPS partner will help you recoup and redirect all of that lost time while also optimizing your processes for improved workflow.
- Increased visibility and control – A managed print services program consolidates your vendors and provides detailed reporting so you can easily see how much your equipment is being used and what the expenses are.
- Greener corporate citizen status – Optimizing your document processes results in reduced waste and lower energy costs, which is better for the environment as well as your business.
- Better security – Printers and other document processing equipment connected to Wi-Fi create a security risk for your business. MPS adds security layers to protect you from hackers and track your internal usage.
In addition to these benefits, you’ll have fewer headaches since the burden of managing all of this is off your shoulders and the shoulders of your employees.
At Doing Better Business, we design customized MPS programs tailored to your specific needs. Reach out and let’s get started creating stronger performance for your business.