This multi-tasked position in Hagerstown, Maryland handles the shipping, receiving and delivering of the warehouse and responds to the on-going needs for the overall functioning of the warehouse/organization.
This is a full-time position with hours set each day by the Supervisor between Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 5:00pm.
Salary is hourly wage between $12.00 – $15.00 per hour depending on experience. Benefits include, Medical, Dental and Life Insurance.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive all freight shipments (UPS, freight carriers, etc.) to inventory or distribute to the correct department.
- Upon receiving inventory, verify counts and shelve the inventory items.
- Control over/under supply items inventory.
- Keep shelves stocked with inventory when empty (per supervisor’s instructions).
- Ship parts, supplies and equipment.
- Trace any shipments in question.
- Provide general office maintenance to include light bulb replacement, grounds appearance, etc.
- Make emergency deliveries, pick up used equipment from customer locations, pick-up locally acquired parts, tools and equipment.
- Keep warehouse clean and free of debris.
- Maintain janitorial supplies for inner office use (weekly).
- Keep delivery trucks maintenance free, i.e. cleaned, oil changed, etc.
- Manage the recycling program.
- Must maintain professional and safe environment at all times.
- Other related duties as defined by management.
- Must have clean driving record with ability to drive van or light truck.
- Must be DOT certified, if required.
- Fork lift certified, if required.
- Must be able to read and write legibly.
- Good organization skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, work independently with a minimal level of supervision
- Data entry skills (with training)
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Industry experience in similar field preferred but not required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL-MENTAL FUNCTIONS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Able to properly lift 50 pounds or less frequently, 100 pounds or less occasionally. The highest point of any lift – overhead; the lowest point of any lift – the floor.
- Able to move 50 pounds or less frequently, 100 pounds or less occasionally.
- Able to push/pull objects with moderate effort frequently. Maximum effort occasionally.
- Able to stand and remain on feet for up to 8 hours per day, 4 hours continuously.
- Able to perform motor skills such as grasping, finger manipulation, pinching, bending, reaching out, twisting, turning, reaching up, wrist turning/torquing for up to 8 hours per day, 4 hours continuously.
- Able to effectively communicate with employees, freight carriers, etc.
- Able to see objects closely, discriminate colors, perceive depth continuously.
- Able to understand, relate to, and apply concepts on a continuous basis.
- Able to remember multiple tasks / assignments given to self and others over long periods of time continuously.
- Must have clean driving record and ability to drive company van or light truck. (CDL not Required)
DBB Core Values
What defines our culture?
- Passion: Be positive. Have Pride. Go Above & Beyond Expectations.
- Customer Focused: Listen & Understand. Always be Friendly. Strive to be the Best.
- Integrity: Be Honest & Fair. Be True to Ourselves. Deliver Every Time.
- Accountability: Take Responsibility. Build Trust. Do Quality Work.
- Family: Value Each Other. Communicate. Show Appreciation. Laugh, Work Hard & Have Fun.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER